Surely, a beautiful and well-decorated house will raise yours and your family’s mood. The best part is that you can make home upgrades with just a few quick, affordable and easy steps. Check out our suggestions:
- Picture frames are an inexpensive way to freshen up the decorations on the walls. When was the last time you changed the paintings on your walls or even you noticed them? You don’t even need to spend lots of money
on luxury photos and framed pictures;
- Painting – that is a cheap way to give a new look to the room. In case you live in a house rental, first, you must ask your landlord for a permission. If you maintain a good relationship with him, when you move out your biggest responsibility will be the post tenancy cleaning. Use light and bright colours to make the room unique and to create an optical illusion for more space. If you don’t want the room to be too colourful, try neutral shades or look for experimental deco accessories;
- Once you paint the room, add a few cheap accessories like mirrors, paintings, decorative pillows. Adding mirrors to a room adds some kind of charm and magic, sparkle and light as well;
- Pay attention to the small details – major home improvements such as replacement of furniture, carpets can be overwhelming and expensive. Think about the details instead. For example, change the light switches and power points in all rooms to make simple upgrades of the walls. If you, however, decide to buy a new carpet, keep in mind that it will need regular care. For that purpose, you’d better rely on carpet cleaning specialists;
- Fix the leaks – did you know that an average of 15% of water consumption actually poured as a result of a leak? Do not delay and fix the cistern of the toilet if it is flowing. It’s easier than it looks, and besides, in a long-term period you will save some money.
Finally, we recommend you to concentrate on the most used rooms in the house. If you do not have enough time or funds to ‘refresh’ the whole house, the living room, kitchen or bathroom are good starting points when trying to give your home a new look.