The main focus of any living or family room is on three different types of objects – coffee tables, shelves and showcases. Styling each of those the right way will create a whole new atmosphere in your home – pleasant for you and for your guests. Whenever you start styling your room, you shouldn’t rush it. You should pick the things you love and make as much from your living room as you can, so you can get the look and feel you want for it. Here are some tips and advices for styling it:
- Coffee tables. Styling and finding the right coffee table for your room can be a very hard task sometimes. First of all you should carefully choose a colour palette for it. Every little thing counts – from your books heading colour, to the petals on your flowers. Finding the right carpet for your coffee table is also very important. Most people are very conscious about rugs, because cleaning them can be tricky. That shouldn’t be a reason to worry though, just contact your local carpet cleaners. They will do the job perfectly. There are several things, you should carefully consider, when styling your room:
- Adding extra storage
- Keeping it simple
- Flowers & tall vases
- Providing contrast
- Shelves. Open shelves in a living room can be very practical and a lot of fun! They can give your guests a better understanding of your personality and character. However adding more stuff to it, can do the opposite and make it very sloppy and hard to clean. If that’s your case, then you should consider regular domestic cleaning service. That’s way it’s much easier to keep a cleaner look and get 100% customer satisfaction. Think about:
- Acquiring an étagère
- Installing a wallpaper on the back of the shelf
- Adding a specific country taste to it. For example Irish shelves are narrow open shelves, above a deeper console table with green colouring and ceramic and porcelain items.
- If you are too lazy, you can always use the services of any interior designer.
- Showcases. Showcase antiques are very unique and typical furniture for southern homes. Having one of these in your room is enough to lift up the atmosphere in your living room, with no need of a full room with antiques. Styling a showcase is much like organising your shelf. You should add pieces that express your personality the best with things you love and not only your manufacturer says they go with. Some good ideas to put in your showcase are:
- Whiskey and Scotch bottles for viewing
- Expensive dishes
- Unique ornaments
- Contest awards
And what is your taste for stylish coffee tables and showcases? Have you chosen one yet? What is your personal formula for a stylish living room?