Barbecue sauce, grass, mud – all of those cause the so-called ‘summer stains’. Which are the best ways to get rid of them? Read below to find out:
- Washables: make a paste by some water and an enzyme detergent. Leave it in a warm place for about 30 minutes. If there are any remaining stains, prepare a solution of one part white vinegar and ammonia and two parts water. Take an eyedropper to place it on the spot;
- Nonwashables: a good decision is a combination solvent. Leave it for 15 minutes. If there are still any stains remained, then you may use an eyedropper once again and put the same solution we have already described above. After that rinse with some cold water.
2) Chocolate Ice Cream:
- Washables: You’d better treat the stain with a solution, prepared from two cups of water and a tablespoon of an enzyme detergent. Leave it for 20 minutes, then rinse;
- Nonwashables: Apply some rubbing alcohol and let it for 10 minutes. Combine a mild detergent and water to remove any residues. In case you’ve somehow damaged your sofa or chair, you will need some more time for upholstery cleaning (or probably some professional help);
- Washables: Let the mud dry and after that brush it off as much as possible. Use a gentle cleaning detergent and some water. Start rubbing to form suds and rinse. The next step to take is bleach any remaining spot with the mixture of one part water and one part white vinegar;
- Nonwashables: In case the care label says dry clean only, you should let dry. After that brush off thoroughly. Take an eyedropper and start applying a solution prepared from 1 tablespoon of liquid dishwashing cleaning agent and 1 cup water. Then rinse with some cold water.
4) Barbecue sauce:
- Washables: Put some glycerin on the stain and after that rinse with cool water. Apply a combination solvent and let it dry for 15 minutes. Finish with an ordinary wash cycle. If the spot is on your carpet, we think the best decision is steam carpet cleaning;
- Nonwashables: You can use glycerin again. Apply it on the spot and rinse with cold water. Treat with a mild detergent and a little bit of water. Then you must rub gently in order to form suds. Rinse with cold water.